Wednesday, June 23, 2010

California After All

This summer I am living with my relations in California. I couldn't find a good job at home, and my Aunt had been talking about make possibly coming out here to help with the kids and stuff. God just worked everything out; I've been here for 25 days and I love it! My family is great, the weather is perfect, the mountains and ocean are beautiful, I love my cousins, and I think this is quite possibly one of the best summers of my life! I've done so many crazy things: learned how to ride a motorcycle, got a California drivers license and a motorcyle endorsement, ate a fish taco (and didn't like it), gone running in the mountains, found a new church that I really like, driven on roads that make me feel like a racecar driver, held a dragon/lizzard, gave an almost-stranger my number, kept major commitments to myself, and have just been living it up. The atmosphere out here on the West Coast is so great...I definitely want to live out here one day. My sister has been out here for a week, and she has been a great help and so much fun. I will miss her when she leaves next Wednesday.

I am so thankful for all the opportunities I have been blessed with the past couple of weeks. I am one of the luckiest kids on the face of the plannet, that's for sure. Every day is a new adventure, and I know the rest of my summer is going to be wonderful....just absolutely wonderful; it's California after all :)